March 19 2017
1. What led to the inception/creation of your brand?
My love for craft, natural materials and creating. I had a strong feeling I wanted to create by using my hands and my hands only. I also have deep appreciation for long lasting designs, things must last and be slow. They must be given the time to be born and after to live and keep in living.
2. Why do you do what you do?
It comes from inside, I am drawn to design and then to create. It feels natural to me, almost like I have been doing this all my life.
3. What are one or two important things to note about your brand?
It's conscious, every stitch and knot is made with the utmost attention.
And it's pure.
4. When you're designing a new item/collection, where do you feel you find your inspiration?
As I am very visual person I get inspired by images and also by nature, I have a love for round formed shapes.
Also books inspire me and conversations with my fiends.
I start by designing in my head and this can go on for months then I draw on paper and after I create the design in leather. I should do it in paper first but I never end up doing so.
5. What's next in your studio, any new projects that you would like to share with us?
There are a few new collaborations coming up and it's all about combining different crafts, very excited! Only limited editions of course. Also I am working on new line of handbags made out another material than leather but with leather details.