Ampersand As Apostrophe is a label we've chosen for its connection to simplicity and appreciation of such an iconic bag shape. Every season we set out to find brands who are creating something special, designing in a unique way, or utilizing interesting materials—all in an effort to bring to you the very best from around the world that maybe you haven't yet come across.
A native of Detroit and now New York City-based designer, Founder & Designer of Ampersand As Apostrophe Jessica Park felt inspired to make her first bag out of sheer captivation of an "as-chance-would-have-it" material which possessed a quality appeal, some history, and taking a conventional piece longing to be newly realized in a truly unconventional way.
Each season, the pieces from this brand offer a delicate dive into both feminine and relaxed sensibilities, while also allowing for fun with the notion that each day is different and each place you take your bag adds color to the story of your life. There is a sense of personal enjoyment that the label truly embodies, and in a time where the world can at times feel upsetting or tense, taking time for self care and enjoying an item that you love is just what one needs sometimes.
"Conceptually born from the oldest bag to exist—the paper grocery bag, this tote has been refined and re-designed into the perfect carry-all to quite literally carry 'your all', all while staying true to its original form."
The colors, in particular for this season, are at once chic and softly elegant, while painting a carefree or fun memory within our minds. There's cantaloupe, marshmallow, soft grey and quiet soft grey, each made from the most soft and sublime leathers.
Notes on Bag Care:
- Stay away from spraying person on or around your bag and that goes for chemicals in general (ie. makeup or anything greasy). Keep it natural.
- Avoid excess light, heat, and humidity exposure. Refrain from rubbing or scraping against abrasive materials or surfaces, like concrete.
- "What if your bag gets wet?" Don't panic. Dab it with a soft clean cloth to absorb the moisture and allow it to dry naturally. Don't be tempted to speed up the drying process by using a hair dryer (Gasp) or any other heat source as it can cause damage.
- To remove dirt: wipe with a clean, damp cloth, and avoid using chemicals or cleaners.
- Take care when wearing with light colored garments. We apply a protective coating to assure no color transfer, but it is possible when combined with some of the above scenarios.
- When storing, use a cloth dust bag in cool and dry place.
Architecturally inspired and employing a feeling of paradoxical form + function, ampersand as apostrophe’s clean, minimalistic style can also be attributed to the duality of aesthetics. Part rustic, part design-conscious glossy-chic, AMPERSAND AS APOSTROPHE takes you to both ends of the spectrum and back again. Attention to detail, designer, luxury, quality leather bags and small leather goods.
It's Not Simple.
Shop the label: Ampersand As Apostrophe